To promote high-quality science education, research, and training, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, has set up seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, and Tirupati.
BS-MS (Dual Degree)
It is a five-year degree program for bright and motivated science students who have passed class 10+2 or equivalent. Most IISERs offer BS-MS (Dual Degree) in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics. Earth and Environmental Sciences is available at select IISERs. For details please visit the website of individual IISERs.
The BS-MS program integrates classroom learning with research and provides ample scope for multidisciplinary interactions. The program consists of core courses in basic sciences and specialization in chosen subjects along with an MS research project. The training during this program enables students to pursue careers in academia, R&D institutes, and industries.
Additionally, IISER Bhopal offers four yearBSprogrammes in Economics and Engineering Sciences. Mathematics at 10+2 level is mandatory for candidates seeking admission to both these BS programmes.
KVPY scholars admitted to IISERs would draw fellowship as per KVPY norms. In addition, a limited number of INSPIRE scholarships will be available for candidates admitted through JEE Advanced and SCB channel as applicable as per the norms prescribed by DST INSPIRE scheme. This supersedes all earlier announcements regarding scholarship.
Highly competent and motivated faculty in various disciplines with a passion for science
Integrated undergraduate teaching with cutting-edge research across disciplines
Upcoming eco-friendly green campuses with appropriate infrastructure
Library with online resources, books, and research journals
State of the art teaching and research facilities
Sports and recreational facilities
Hostel facility for all students
Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream in 2018 or 2019 are eligible to apply for admissions. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through following three channels.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
These channels will be referred to as KVPY, JEE, and SCB, respectively.
Indian nationals and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2019-20 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable. Please see the cut-off criteria here.
Candidates in General category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2019 are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to the reserved category (OBC-NC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank should be within 10000. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable. Please see the cut-off criteria here.
Students who have passed 10+2 level with science stream in 2018 or 2019 are eligible to apply for admissions and appear for IAT 2019.
However, they will be considered for admissions to the degree programmes only if they obtain the cut-off marks specified for their board. Please see the cut-off criteria here.
Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) which will be conducted at various centres across the country.
IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) 2019 will be conducted in a fully computer-based test mode. Mock Test is available here
Category-wise cut-off marks (out of 500) for class 10+2 examination for different State and Central Boards
Cut-off Marks (out of 500) for IISERs Admission 2019
Central Board Of Sec. Edu. (CBSE), New Delhi
Board Of Intermediate Education (Andhra Pradesh)
Assam Higher Secondary Education Council
Aligarh Muslim University Board Of Secondary & Sr. Sec. Education, Aligarh
Bihar School Examination Board, Patna
Council For The Indian School Certificate Examinations, Delhi
Goa Board Of Sec. And Higher Sec.Education
Gujarat Sec. And Higher Sec. Education Board
Kerala Board Of Public Examinations
Board Of Sec. Education, Madhya Pradesh
Meghalaya Board Of School Education
Mizoram Board Of School Education
Nagaland Board Of School Education
Punjab School Education Board
Telangana State Board Of Intermediate Education, Nampally, Hyderabad
Tripura Board Of Secondary Education
Maharashtra State Board Of Secondary And Higher Education
U.P. Board Of High School & Intermediate Education, U. P.
Board Of Secondary Education Rajasthan
Himachal Pradesh Board Of School Education Dharmashala, H. P.
Board Of School Education Haryana, Bhiwani
Council Of Higher Sec. Education, Manipur
Govt. Of Karnataka Dept. Of Pre-University Education, Karnataka
Council Of Higher Sec. Education, Odisha
Chhatisgarh Board Of Secondary Education
Jharkhand Academic Council, Ranchi
Jammu & Kashmir State Board Of School Education
Uttarakhand Board of School Education
West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education
Tamil Nadu Board of Higher Secondary Education
National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
*NA stands for cut-off marks are not available. In such cases, cut-off marks of CBSE board will apply.
Note: If the result of class 10+2 (or equivalent) exam is awaited, you can apply and appear for the aptitude test. But, you will be eligible for admissions only if you satisfy minimum eligibility criteria. Please check the timeline here for the deadline for uploading marksheet of class 10+2 (or equivalent) examination.
PERFORMANCE CRITERIA IN CLASS XII (OR EQUIVALENT) BOARD EXAMINATION FOR IISER ADMISSION 2019:
1) The candidate must have marks within the category-wise cut-off as shown in the table above for their respective Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination for being eligible to get admission to IISERs. Additionally, for admission to engineering programmes through JEE advanced channel, candidates who have secured 75% marks (GEN/EWS/OBC-NCL) or 65% marks (SC/ST/PwD) in their Class XII (or equivalent) exams are also eligible.
2) For candidates who appeared in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination for the first time in 2018 and reappeared in ALL subjects (for whatsoever reason) in 2019, the better of two performances will be considered.
3) If a Board gives aggregate marks considering both Class XI and Class XII examinations (in the 10+2 system), then only Class XII marks will be considered. If a Board gives aggregate marks considering the results of all three years of a 3-year diploma or courses of equivalent duration, then only the marks scored in the final year will be considered. Similarly, for Boards, which follow a semester system, the marks scored in the final two semesters will be considered.
4) In case any of the subjects Mathematics or Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Language are not evaluated in the final year (e.g., in a 3-year diploma course), then the marks for the same subject from the previous year(s) will be used for calculating the percentage of aggregate marks.
5) If a Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade -sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks and submit it before the deadline of the mark-sheet submission. In case such a certificate is not provided by the Board, meeting minimum eligibility criteria will be assessed as follows: If CGPA/CPI is reported on any scale other than 10 (for example, 4 points or 8 points scale), an equivalent CGPA/CPI will be calculated as per the following formula: CGPA/CPI in a 10 point scale = (CGPA/CPI Obtained×10)/PS. Finally, the marks will be linearly scaled out of 500. (Here PS stands for Point scale used by the Board).
6) If a Board does not give marks/grades scored in individual subjects but gives only the aggregate marks/grades, then the aggregate marks/grades given by the Board will be considered as such (linearly scaled out of 500 if the total marks are not out of 500).
7) Candidates from any board other than the ones listed in the above table (of State and Central Boards) can apply only through JEE-Advanced and KVPY channels provided that they also satisfy the eligibility criteria as specified by JEE-Advanced or KVPY, as the case may be. Such candidates should either bring a certificate from their respective board that they are within top 20 percentile of their board or else cut-off scores for CBSE board will be applied for them. Additionally, for admission to engineering programmes through JEE advanced channel, candidates who have secured 75% marks (GEN/EWS/OBC-NCL) or 65% marks (SC/ST/PwD) in their Class XII (or equivalent) exams are also eligible.
METHODOLOGY TO CALCULATE MARKS (OUT OF 500) IN CLASS XII (OR EQUIVALENT) BOARD EXAMINATION:
First of all, if marks awarded in a subject (in class XII or equivalent) are NOT out of 100, then the marks should be linearly scaled (up or down) to 100. Then, the following five subjects will be considered for calculating the cut-off marks for fulfilling the eligibility criterion so that the total aggregate marks are out of 500:
(iii) Biology or Mathematics
(iv) One language (if the candidate has taken more than one language course, then the language course with the highest marks will be considered)
(v) Any subject other than the ones used in the above four (the subject with highest marks will be considered)
After considering four subjects as mentioned in points (i) to (iv), one must consider the subject with the highest marks among all remaining subjects in his/her mark-sheet/grade-sheet. Please note that the subject for point (v) could also be a language course or Mathematics or Biology, provided that it is not being considered in any of the points (i) to (iv), and such that it is the subject with highest marks among all remaining subjects in the mark-sheet/grade-sheet.
Following are tentative dates for various activities in the admission process. This page will be updated periodically during the admission process.
Sunday, March 31, 2019
Application portal opens
Sunday, April 28, 2019
Application portal closes at 5 PM
Monday, May 20, 2019
Downloading of hall tickets begins (tentative – earlier start date is likely)
Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
States of Matter
The s-block Elements
The p-block Elements
Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques
The solid state
General principles and processes of isolation of elements
The p-block elements
The d- & f-block elements
Haloalkanes and haloarenes
Alcohols, phenols and ethers
Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids
Organic compounds containing nitrogens
Chemistry in everyday life
Diversity in the living world
Structural organization in animals and plants
Cell structure and function
Genetics and evolution
Biology and human welfare
Biotechnology and its application
Ecology and environment
In order to apply for IISER Admissions 2019, a candidate has to first do online registration using the Registration link given below
After successful registration, you will receive login id on your registered mobile number along with the password
Using these login credentials, candidates should fill online application form using Application Login link given below
For instructions to fill the online registration and the online application form, please carefully read the demo form given here.
* PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. By registering or submitting your application, you agree that you have read and understood all the instructions provided on this website available at https://www.iiseradmission.in. You agree that the mere submission of an application does not guarantee admission to IISERs. You also agree that the information provided here is subject to change and IISER Joint Admissions Committee 2019 holds all rights to update information as necessary. It is your responsibility to check for updates.
Note: In case you encounter any technical issue during registration/application/payment, kindly contact the helpdesk at email@example.com or at the toll-free helpline number 1800 266 7148 (waiting time is minimum 2 minutes) with relevant information
The Chairperson Joint Admissions Committee 2019 Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Bhopal Bhopal Bypass Road, Bhauri Bhopal 462 066 Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email: ask-jac2019 [AT] iiserb.ac.in Phone: +91 755 269 2500 (10 AM to 1 PM on weekdays)