Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research(IISER) Aptitude Test 2020 (SCB Channel)
The Government of India has established IISERs at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati to integrate and promote interdisciplinary science education and research. Over the years IISERs have been successfully attracting talented young minds. An overarching goal of the IISERs is to enable students to shape the nation by inventing and implementing sustainable solutions for societal problems through research in science. This is being achieved by our faculty of international repute together with bright students. In a short span of time IISERs have generated an incredible amount of intellectual property in the form of publications and patents.
- Five-year dual degree program for science students
- Classroom learning integrated with research, providing ample scope for interdisciplinary activities
- Curriculum with a focus on both breadth and depth in sciences, engineering sciences and economics
- Opportunity to pursue impactful research
- Fully residential campuses with well-equipped hostels
- Access to on-campus medical, sports and other recreational facilities
Programmes offered in
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Data Science
- Earth & Climate Sciences/Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Economic Sciences#
- Engineering Sciences (Chemical Engineering, Data Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science)#
- Geological Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
# Four-year BS program in Engineering Sciences and Economics only at IISER Bhopal.
- Highly competent and motivated faculty with passion for teaching and pursuing research in frontier areas of science
- Integrated undergraduate teaching and cutting-edge research
- Exposure and access to world-class research facilities right from the start of the program
- Research internships and year-long research projects leading to MS thesis with opportunities for interdisciplinary research
Important Dates (SCB Channel)
|Application portal opens 11 AM||March 23, 2020|
|Application portal closes at 5 PM||May 31, 2020|
Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply for admissions. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through following three channels.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
These channels will be referred to as KVPY, JEE, and SCB, respectively. Indian nationals and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2020-21 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
Candidates in General category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2020 are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to the reserved category (OBC-NC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank should be within 10000. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
- Students who have passed 10+2 level with science stream in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply for admissions and appear for IAT 2020.
- However, they will be considered for admissions to the degree programmes only if they obtain the cut-off marks specified for their board.
- Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) which will be conducted at various centres across the country.