National Digital Library of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development under its National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology has initiated the National Digital Library (NDL) project to develop a framework of virtual repository of learning resources with a single-window search facility. It is being developed at IIT Kharagpur.
- Educational materials are available for users ranging from primary to post-graduate levels.
- NDL has been designed to benefit all kinds of users like students (of all levels), teachers, researchers, librarians, library users, professionals, differently abled users and all other lifelong learners.
- Information can be personalized based on the education level, choice of language, difficulty level, media of content and such other factors. This is thus like a ‘customised service’ provided in a 24×7 integrated environment where learners can find out the right resource with least effort and in minimum time.
- Repository hosts contents from multiple subject domains like Technology, Science, Humanities, Agriculture and others.
- More than 60 types of learning resources are available – books, articles, manuscripts, video lectures, thesis, etc.
- Items are available in more than 70 languages.
- Repository integrates contents from different Indian Institutional Repositories.
How to access
- Users can access the National Digital Library – https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/
- The NDL mobile app for Android can be accessed at – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mhrd.ndl&hl=en/
- The NDL system is accessible to all users for general browsing. However, one needs to register with a user id and password and login using those for accessing some classified materials.