South Asian University (SAU) |M.Sc,PhD Admission 2019
South Asian University (SAU) is an international university established by the governments of the eight member nations of the South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation (SAARC) viz., Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The University, established with the aim of evolving a South Asian consciousness, offers Masters and PhD level programmes in Economics, Computer Science, Biotechnology, Applied Mathematics, Sociology, International Relations and Legal Studies.
SAU attracts students from all member nations and its degrees are recognized by all the eight SAARC countries.
The University currently functions from its Akbar Bhawan campus in Chanakyapuri, New Delhi. It will eventually move to its 100-acre campus in Maidan Garhi, South Delhi soon.
The following is a list of the Master’s level programmes offered at SAU. The figures in brackets show the number of seats available in each programme.
Details about the faculty, admission procedure and the format of the Entrance Tests can be viewed by clicking on appropriate links below:
- For admission to the Masters level programmes, a minimum of 15 years of education under the 10+2+3 pattern (i.e., 12 years of schooling + a 3 year Bachelors degree) is essential. Applicants who have earned a 4 year degree after 10+2 (12 years of schooling) are also eligible, though the Masters level programme will still be of two years duration for them. Applicants who have obtained a Bachelors degree in less than 15 years (e.g., under the 10+2+2 pattern) are not eligible for admission. However, students who have completed a two-year Bachelors degree and thereafter have also completed one year of MA/MSc can apply for admission to a Masters level course subject to their fulfilling other prescribed eligibility conditions including percentage of required marks (which will be the average of marks obtained at the Bachelors level and the first year of the MA/MSc course).
- Applicants who have not yet completed the Bachelors degree course and are yet to appear for their last year/semester exam, may also apply for admission and appear in the Entrance Test. However, their admission will be confirmed only if they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria of aggregate percentage of marks at the Bachelors level and the first year of MA/MSc course besides clearing the Entrance Test. Please note that such candidates will not have any claim to admission if their results are not declared and their mark sheets are not available latest by 26 July 2019 which is the last date for admission.
- Students who are offered admission will be required to produce original copies of their final results at the time of admission, including mark sheets/grade sheets of their qualifying degree examination.
- Masters level students in all programmes at SAU shall be full-time students and shall not be permitted to take up full or part-time jobs during the course of their study.
- Students whose qualifying examinations results are not announced at the time of personal registration, will not be registered and are advised to not leave their countries without pass results.
Official Webiste:- http://www.sau.int